Ubuntu is a good choice for Linux distro for who are migrating from windows , These books will help them a great deal in achieving the knowledge how to get things done . some of these are not for a specific ubuntu release .
Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04 is a comprehensive beginners guide for the Ubuntu operating system. It is written under an open source license and is free for you to download, read, modify and share.
Written by award-winning author Keir Thomas, Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference is a totally unique and concise guide for everyday Ubuntu use. Focuses on core competencies and background knowledge needed to be an expert Ubuntu user. E-book is free to download .
The Official Ubuntu Book, Second Edition, covers standard desktop applications, from word processing, spreadsheets, Web browsing, e-mail, instant messaging, music, video, and games to software development, databases, and server applications.
Ubuntu for Non-Geeks covers those day-to-day tasks that most non-geeks will want to perform, like how to:
- Download and install free software, games, and utilities
- Connect to wired and wireless networks or transfer files via Bluetooth
- Configure printers, scanners, monitors, and USB flash drives
- Watch DVDs, listen to music, and even sync your iPod
- Edit and share your digital photos and videos
- Customize the look and feel of your system
- Tackle more advanced tasks like working with commands and using Windows applications