The Nokia N8 was previewed yesterday on the web, and now the full specs of the device have leaked out. Read on for the full details.
This touchscreen Nokia is set to become the phone giant’s next flagship phone, and is also the first to sport the new Symbian^3 operating system. The Nokia N8’s top eye-catching features are its 12-megapixel camera, Xenon flash, HDMI output and 3.5-inch OLED screen.
The rest of its features are typically high-end, including GPS, Wi-FI and HSDPA, although the 680MHz CPU sounds a little underpowered next to the 1GHz Snapdragon processor of the HTC Desire and Google Nexus One. Here’s the full list of specs, as published on Unwired View.
- Form factor: Touch screen monoblock
- Protocols: WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100 and GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Codecs: AMR, NB AMR, WB AMR, FR, EFR
- Display: 3.5” OLED, capacitive touch screen, widescreen 16:9 nHD with (640*360 pixels) 16M colors, active area 43.2 mm x 76.8 mm
- Processor speed: 680MHz
- Connectors: HDMI, 3.5 mm AV connector, micro USB interface to PC, uSD slot, 2mm DC jack
- USB 2.0 High Speed, USB OTG, USB charging
- Memory: 256MB RAM, 512 ROM
- User Memory: 140 MB internal after boot-up, 16GB eMMC, Hot swappable microSD up to 32GB
- 12Mpix AF camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar f/2.8 28mm wide-angle optics. Xenon Flash, focal length 29 mm, 20x digital zoom camera
- Physical keys: application key, power key, camera key, lock key, volume up & down
- Input methods: Finger touch support for text input and UI control: ITU keypad, full keyboard. Chinese handwriting recognition. Possibility to use capasitive stylus
- Stereo FM Radio
- Hands free speaker: Boosted Class D mono speaker
- Integrated GPS
- 3D Entry Accelerometer
- Proximity sensor
- Battery: BL-4D 1200mAh (inbox), up-to 7.7/5.4 2G/3G talk time, 719/603hrs stanby, 7.3 hrs H.264 video 720p playback, 3.2h 720p video recording
- Dimensions: 113.5×59×12.9 mm
- Volume: 86 cc
- Weight: 135 g