Safari 5 has been released of late for windows and OS X platforms introducing a new feature Safari Reader and lots of improvements. such as new HTML5 and CSS3 web standards.
Safari 5 Features and Improvements
- new Safari Reader for reading articles on the web without distraction
- 30 percent performance increase over Safari 4
- ability to choose Google, Yahoo! or Bing as the search service powering Safari’s search field
- improved developer tools
- more than a dozen new HTML5 technologies that allow web developers to create rich, dynamic websites
- Extension Builder: ability to create secure Safari Extensions to customize and enhance the browsing experience
Safari Reader removes annoying ads and other visual distractions from online articles. So you get the whole story and nothing but the story. It works like this: As you browse the web, Safari detects if you’re on a web page with an article. Click the Reader icon in the Smart Address Field, and the article appears instantly in one continuous, clutter-free view. You see every page of the article — whether two or twenty. Onscreen controls let you email, print, and zoom. Change the size of the text, and Safari remembers it the next time you view an article in Safari Reader.