Software developers basically have DVD ripping down to a science at this point. No matter what operating system you run, you're only a few clicks away from importing a movie from a DVD to your hard drive. Blu-Ray, on the other hand, is a tougher nut to crack. That's why it's exciting to see a cross-platform app that handles both DVD and Blu-Ray ripping: MakeMKV.
Additionally MakeMKV can instantly stream decrypted video without intermediate conversion to wide range of players, so you may watch Blu-ray and DVD discs with your favorite player on your favorite OS or on your favorite device.
- Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
- Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
- Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
- Preserves chapters information
- Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
- Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
- No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
- Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free.
- All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA.