Recently i needed to post source code snippets for posting inside a pre block is not that eye catching , fortunately for me someone had mentioned about Live writer in a blog post comment , Live writer was already installed in my system , it was easy to use as any other MS product (though I'm not a die hard MS fan, just being honest here) , It has tons of Add-ons to facilitate posting to a blog.
To setup your blog with Live writer
- Download and Install Windows Live writer
- Select From Tools menu -> Accounts...
- Click Add... button on the Top Right of the Dialog box or press Alt+D
- From the next Dialog box we are asked to select out blog service.. Select other blog service. and press next
- Easy .. enter your Site URL your E mail and password with which your blog is registered and click next..
- If everything is entered correctly Live Writer will connect to your blog and you can start posting by choosing File->New post..
- If the writer was unable to connect to your account most probably some typo is the case .. go back and correct them..